Caution (Feb '24): The MDE has not yet released information about the format of exports for the 23-24 school year. When this information is released we'll update this page and work on the required formats.
MDE has set June 30, 2024 as their submission deadline for this school year
At SchoolStatus, your professional growth matters to us
Ultimately, each school district is responsible for complying with state and federal requirements, but
we want to help- it's what we do. At SchoolStatus, we aim to make classroom observation, summative
scoring, and submitting those scores as convenient as possible for our customers. Here's how our tools
can help you complete your submission process.
Jump to the sections via the links as needed:
- Confirm that all your staff have a completed summative
- Request an export in the MDE-required format (for all 6 staff types, except Leaders)
- Add in missing Educator IDs
- Modify the TeachBoost Export as required
- Format the standard TB summative export for School Leaders
- Submit your completed scores to the MDE
1. Confirm that all your staff have a completed summative
If you head to Reports on the lefthand navigation panel, then click Summatives, you should be able to see the number of summative reports that have been completed—and those that are not yet done—at your school or district. Only summatives that are completed will display in the MDE export.
Pro tip: Filter the view of 'Score Snapshot' by clicking 'Profile'>'Teacher Summative Evaluation' to focus in on the TGR summatives for example.
We recommend that you also use the 'Status' filter to drill into Summatives that haven't yet been completed to check if any are still in progress.
2. Request an export in the MDE-required format
Note: The .xlsx download received here will give you the scores of any summatives for 6 staff types (except for Leaders)
If you head back to the Reports landing page, you will see a button that enables you to export your professional growth scores from Summatives in the MDE-required format:
This export has up to 6 separate tabs, where summative scores for your 6 staff types (teacher; counselor; school librarian; SpEd teacher; SLP; SSC) will be displayed.
3. Add in missing Educator IDs
TeachBoost receives your Educator IDs (teacher licensure numbers) from SchoolStatus via the nightly syncs from you SIS. In order for your data to sync into SchoolStatus and TeachBoost, you need to have Educator IDs in your SIS.
Note: If you find that your MDE-export from TeachBoost is missing some educator IDs, first check they are included in your SIS to sync over. If you can add missing IDs to your SIS, you should see them display in the MDE Export after the overnight syncs.
Adding Educator IDs to SAM Spectra
You can add this Educator ID into the License Number field on the Employee Folder (shown below.)
This entry will then be synced during the normal nightly syncs and made available to TeachBoost for inclusion into that application.
Adding Educator IDs to PowerSchool
If your School District uses the PowerSchool SIS to sync educators into SchoolStatus (and TeachBoost), you will need to coordinate with your SIS admin to add any missing Educator IDs into PowerSchool.
When the next sync runs from PowerSchool to SchoolStatus and on to TeachBoost, those IDs will appear within the app and the TGR Score Export—this can be downloaded as many times as you need to verify all data is included as expected before submission.
Looking up missing Educator IDs in MECCA
For any missing Educator IDs, you can use the License Look-up option on the MECCA Login page and enter them into your SIS, or directly into the export, as preferred.
4. Modify the TeachBoost Export as required
There is a new field for this year, which requires you to input whether 'PGS Scores in Personnel File' with a Yes or No.
District and School Numbers can also be entered easily in each of the cells as the rows of the export are listed in order of schools.
5. Format the standard TB summative export for School Leaders
For School Year 22-23, any Summatives created for School Leaders will need to be requested from TeachBoost differently and formatted separately. Re-formatting this file should only take you a few minutes!
- Head to Reports on the left navigation and then click the Export Data to Excel button on the far right.
- Select the "All Summatives" button, which will provide you with a file to download of all your summative scores.
- Within the Excel file, locate the School Leader Summative Evaluation tab at the bottom. This sheet will show you only the summative scores for School Leaders.
To get this into the MDE-format should only take you a few minutes for this single staff type and the First Name, Last Name and Email Address are all listed in the first few columns
- To format this, start on the very right-hand side of the sheet and remove the columns in the following order (BB; AS; AJ; AA; then remove columns F through R). This removes most of the extraneous data (and aggregate scoring data) that the MDE does not require for submission
- Then, remove any 'Domain' column that ends with '...Comment', which will be empty of numerical data and is not required in the MDE report (this is every other/alternative column in the Domain section.
- If enabled for your Principals and APs, column E 'Topic Resource ID', will show any Educator IDs that can be synced from your SIS.
- You can now rename each of the "Domain..." columns Standards 1 through 19, and add in the handful of other columns required for the MDE (district ID, district name, school ID, PGS etc.)
6. Submit your completed scores to the MDE
The finalized .xlsx of professional growth scores can now be submitted directly to the MDE! Simply upload directly to your your district's MDE Sharepoint link :)
If you have any questions about this process or the export from TeachBoost, please reach out to our support team here.